JohnM

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:
"JohnM" wrote in message

Oops..forgot to mention the welders themselves were $100.00 at auction.

And now here's something for the OP :

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=6271

Must be everyone else at the auction knew the price of the parts for the
things;D

No **** !!!--(but they make excellent stick-welders as is)...wink

Sure 'nuff. That's a cheap enough stick welder..

I was just giving some points of reference is all....

Prices seem to be all across the board--with used gear, mostly it depends on
how much someone is willing to pay for it on a whim, balanced against what
someone else will accept for it when they're currently in distress.

Heh.. hate it when I need something and I can tell the ******* that has
it can tell I need it..

--

SVL

I figure I've bought my one new welder for this lifetime, the rest are
used and I don't mind it a bit. I'd like to try one of those Esabs
you've got, seems Earnie spoke highly of them. I'm all in favor of
buying used equipment, let the big guy who can't realistically keep and
maintain it get his use and then I'll take it for as long as I can keep
it alive, hopefully that'll be as long as I can totter around and use it..

John