PrecisionMachinisT

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message

I think one of the things which makes diesels easier to start after long
idle periods is that diesel is less volatile, so it doesn't evaporate
and seize up the fuel system with crud. If I had to pick an engine for a
generator, I would pick a diesel.

Biggest problem I've had is with (maybe) water or could be some other ****
in the fuel getting past the filter......this being that Kubota tractor.

Over prolonged periods of disuse and with that pump design the injector pump
pistons will seize at the "up" position--I could tell because on cracking
the injector lines at the pump there wasn't any fuel coming out.

Probly just some bad diesel, it was a problem for a while a few years ago,
and it hasn't since re-occured...I used to take the pump off and disassemble
it, but then I figured out to heat it gently with a torch while thumping on
it with a rubber mallet.

--

SVL