Mark

Wow! You guys are quick to reply!

Maarten could be correct. I have been reading it as red/green/orange but my
red is quite dull/muddy and could be brown. Fwiw, I do much video editing
therefore calibrate my monitors often. On my end the colors display as true
as the part in front of me. Ken is right though as I understand the problems
with monitor calibration of the masses...no two are exactly the same and a
question like this could be quite confusing. ;-)

Now that I'm not even sure of my ohms value (lol) which I thought I was,
anyone have an opinion on the possible origin of the encrustation? Errant
adhesive put through heat cycles...or leakage? Plus, does the body color
gray give me any additional information about the resistor? Watts, material,
type, etc?

Thanks again guys for the very swift responses!

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message

NSM wrote:

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message

Perhaps the colours in the picture don't come out quite
right.... but if they do looks like 7500 ohms to me
(violet-green-red?)

I'm seeing red-green-orange!

Hi...

Oops. Not on my monitor

Even looked again - same thing

I guess that kinda means maybe we oughtn't depend on
digital pictures for this kinda stuff, eh?

Ken