Edwin Pawlowski

"TP" wrote in message
Ok here’s one everyone should be able to comment on. “Sliding glass doors”
Which is the best? Anderson, Pella, HunterDouglas, Noname, store brand.
(French wood style)
We have a Pella today, we need to add two more to another area of the
house. The Pella is the only door that the screen is on the inside. The
moveable door panel slides on the outside. Pros & Cons on this? I’d
consider vinyl but in this room we would finish/stain the wood door. Would
be installed on a north facing wall, in the upstate NY.

I have a Pella and it is on a north facing wall also. The inside screen has
the potential to allow bugs in when you close it for the night. Only
downside I've found in 10 years or so.

The upside is that is seals very well. On most sliders, the wind pushes the
sliding portion away from the gasket, but the Pella pushes it together to
make a better seal.

Another poster made a comment about snow. We had about 70" of snow this
year and I've never had a problem opening the door. To me, it is a
non-issue