Grant Erwin

I recently paid $550 for a Millermatic 250 with an M-sized C25 (25% CO2, 75%
argon) tank. $350 for a little 110v machine sounds nuts to me. But I know some
guys use those for welding sheet metal a lot.

GWE

Trevor Jones wrote:

Lucifer wrote:

Going tomorrow to look at a 10 year old Lincoln Machine (I think Lincoln).
Guy says he bought it at Canadian Tire 10 years ago for 700.00 bux? Does
this sound right?
Anyway, guy says he only used it like 5 times cause he hurt his back shortly
after buying the machine and has been out of work ever since on disability.
The guy wants 350.00 for it? He said it was a 110 volt, 100 or 120 amp, has
extra Full Wheel of .030 wire (paid 100 bux for).

Am I getting ripped or should I offer lower? It's a 10 year old machine!!!
Ohh yeah, I'm a 1st year apprentice welder, so this would be a good machine
for me to start with. I already have a 70 amp Arc Machine.

Thanks.

--
Steve
Get Paid to autosurf

I paid $125 CDN for an older Weld Pack 100 Lincoln that looked pretty
rough. It came with the gas kit, but no tank. Spent another $60 on it
for rollers and new liners, and a full complement of new ball bearings
for the feeder mechanism (same bearings as used on roller blade wheels).
While I was at he dealer, he said that they still had the service
manuals for the older machines, so now I have the circuit diagrams and
troubleshooting info as well. I am running flux core for the little bit
I use the welder, and it serves well.

$700 seems more in line with a new price for a 220v machine ten years
ago. $100 for a spool of wire! It had better weigh more than the welder
for that kind of money. The small spools of plain wire are about $10 or
a bit less, and the flux core is about twice that.

For an appretice welder, I would suggest that you keep looking until
you find a decent AC/DC stick machine that you can run off a dryer plug
or stove plug.

Cheers
Trevor Jones