Tony Hwang

Martino wrote:
The new house will need fire sprinkling system and when researching the
products I ran into AQUASAFE and AQUAPEX from WIRSBO
(http://www.wirsbo.com), know mostly for its radiant heating tubing.
AQUASAFE is a fire sprinkling system which uses a flexible tubing attached
to the cold water plumbing system. Interestingly, WIRSBO promotes also
usage of its AQUAPEX flex tubing for the standard plumbing. This seems like
a great idea (fast installation throughout complex framing, etc.) but how
good is it (durability, ...)?
P.S. I worked in Italy (temporarily) as a plumber and we used over there
more rigid plastic tubing for cold and hot water (gas as well). This tubing
was covered by the concrete floors so there was no room for human imposed
damage. I wonder how easily can one hurt the flex in-wall tubing with usual
home decoration and retro tasks?
Thanks for any info.

Hi,
Is the tubing fire resistant?
All new house plumbing is done with Pemex here but
sprinkler pipes are iron. Sprinkler is mandatory only on
multi-housing complex. Single resisdence is voluntary option.
Tony