Puddin' Man

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 23:49:27 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

A lot depends on the humidity in your area. If it's dry, the roof wet will
help a lot.
Might also want to consider a sprayer to spray cold water on the outdoor AC
(get your AC guy in on the plans). If there is little evaporation, that
might lower the temp of the outdoor unit, and help system that way.

White curtains in the south and side windows to help block out the
"greenhouse effect". White exterior paint. Well, maybe not for brick but....

The house fries mostly 'cause of the sun on the dark-brown shingles.

Wish I was closer, I'd offer to come out and look at the system for you.

Thanks, but there's not much to it. Just a little brick
bungalow in the sun.

Puddin'

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
. ..
Insane House Cool-Down Scheme

'allo,

I belong to little brick bungalow in a midwest city,
built in 1954. Shingled roof.

It gets hot as hell here in the summertime (it's already
here). Sun pounds down on little house unmercifully.

Outa work for years, I gotta budget so tight it makes
the proverbial cat's arse ('scuse my French) look
like the Grand Canyon.

I just put my last 3 lbs of R-22 in my 21-year-old
condensing unit (which is about to roll over and die
a horrible, horrible death).

They don't meter the water supply here.

What (aside from sanity, which I do not possess) would
keep po' me from somehow mounting a sprinkler or 2
on the roof, running them with a garden hose, say,
from 11 AM to 7 PM (to cool the house, which retains
heat like crazy)??

TIA,
Puddin'

*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***

*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***