Harry K

TP wrote:
Ok here's one everyone should be able to comment on. "Sliding
glass doors" Which is the best? Anderson, Pella, HunterDouglas,
Noname, store brand. (French wood style)
We have a Pella today, we need to add two more to another area
of the house. The Pella is the only door that the screen is on
the inside. The moveable door panel slides on the outside. Pros
& Cons on this? I'd consider vinyl but in this room we would
finish/stain the wood door. Would be installed on a north facing
wall, in the upstate NY.

Thanks
TP

Just my opinion but sliding glass doors are something that should never
have been invented. French doors give you the same opening size, seal
a whole lot better and don't have all the hassle of keeping the track
clean, rollers wearing out etc. I told my wife that but she insisted
it just had to be a slider. Only took her a couple years to wish she
had listened. I know of several people who installed sliders and a few
years later replaced with french.

Harry K