JRanieri

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
Insane House Cool-Down Scheme

'allo,

I belong to little brick bungalow in a midwest city,
built in 1954. Shingled roof.

It gets hot as hell here in the summertime (it's already
here). Sun pounds down on little house unmercifully.

Outa work for years, I gotta budget so tight it makes
the proverbial cat's arse ('scuse my French) look
like the Grand Canyon.

I just put my last 3 lbs of R-22 in my 21-year-old
condensing unit (which is about to roll over and die
a horrible, horrible death).

They don't meter the water supply here.

What (aside from sanity, which I do not possess) would
keep po' me from somehow mounting a sprinkler or 2
on the roof, running them with a garden hose, say,
from 11 AM to 7 PM (to cool the house, which retains
heat like crazy)??

Couple thoughts: Why bother cooling off the whole house when the only thing
that really needs cooling is _you_? With that in mind, leave the cold water
running in the shower and stay in there during the hottest part of the day.

Or - a looping configuration of copper pipes encircling the La-Z-Boy with
constant cool water circulation?

Just brainstorming here.