Michael Mcneil

Default bloody Russian/Chinese Gangsters

"Lurch" wrote in message

Don't worry, I wouldn't have listened anyway. They're crap imitations
that are\were illegal\counterfeit. Glad it's fallen to pieces, you
could possibly buy a proper drill now.

Idiot. These things are repairable, it's just that I was singing its
praise every opera tune you nit (ee bah gum some people.)

For the rest of us: I need to get the chuck off but it just won't go.
The plastic chucks they have these days with a quick release, don't take
the hammer that you can give the old fashioned steel ones.

What you did was open it and hold the chuck key in and give it a smack
with an hammer and bang your thumb a few times, then drop the key or
make it fly across the room, then try it the other way and eventually
find out which way it works. (The bolt in the centre btw is a left hand
thread.)

I suppose I had best take it in -or maybe check out a replacement chuck.