Diamond Jim

"Lucifer" wrote in message
Going tomorrow to look at a 10 year old Lincoln Machine (I think Lincoln).
Guy says he bought it at Canadian Tire 10 years ago for 700.00 bux? Does
this sound right?
Anyway, guy says he only used it like 5 times cause he hurt his back

shortly
after buying the machine and has been out of work ever since on

disability.
The guy wants 350.00 for it? He said it was a 110 volt, 100 or 120 amp,

has
extra Full Wheel of .030 wire (paid 100 bux for).

Am I getting ripped or should I offer lower? It's a 10 year old

machine!!!
Ohh yeah, I'm a 1st year apprentice welder, so this would be a good

machine
for me to start with. I already have a 70 amp Arc Machine.

Thanks.

--
Steve
Get Paid to autosurf

Man that's a lot of money for a 110V MIG. What's the model number? As for
the wire, I know things are sometimes a little more expensive in the great
white north, but even flux core wire normally doesn't cost much over $30 at
the most expensive places, unless it's something really exotic like
Stainless flux core. It's probably a Lincoln Weld Pac 100 or 120 and they
are OK but they only cost around $300-$350 new at the most ten years ago
IIRC. I have one that I use just for steel, running CO2 gas. It does all
right, but I use my bigger MIG with argon or my TIG, for welding anything
else. I hardly ever use a arc welder unless I am just hacking at some really
rusty, dirty, oily, or painted metal.