Andy McArdle

Pounding the pulpit in ,
George did expound thusly:

I often turn bowls with a smooth or pointed bottom, designed to sit in a
seperate stand. I dislike Cole jaws but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

I've done a few like that. Thought a lot of them, but SWMBO and SWMBette
panned them. Since the feminine gender is the normal purchaser, I just
keep them on a shelf downstairs.

The cook doesn't normally get much say, as pens are my big mover. To
balance it up, and for similar reasons as yours, she usually does have the
final word in anything household related. Bowls, vases, salt-mills, etc.

Still, if a particularly interesting bit of grain or figuring is obscured by
the foot in what was supposed to a "kitchen bowl" who am I to argue with the
wood gods? They obviously want it to be seen... and I don't particularly
wish to incur their wrath. ;]
--
- Andy
Why is it called a chuck, when that's the *last* thing you want it to do?