Lurch

Default Strange Electrical Outlet in Airing Cupboard

On Mon, 17 May 2004 13:11:59 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "TheScullster"
strung together this:

Hi all

Can anyone help identify the outlet detailed below please:?

I'll try.

Within the airing cupboard there were two single boxes.
One, which I believe was the original immersion feed, had been hijacked, run
through a cooker point (to provide a socket for a shower supply, an
immersion supply and an alarm panel feed via a separate fuse). This was
supplied by 2.5sq mm T & E.

And where is it fed from, is it a spur from the ring?

The strange thing is that the second single box (which looked like it had
never been disturbed) had an immersion heater type face plate, but only
1.5sq mm T & E feeding it!

Nothing strange there.

Does anyone know what this second socket with the light feed would be for?

It's not a light feed, it's a 1.5mm feed, which can in most cases be
used as a 16A supply, which is ample for an immersion heater. I've
seen quite a few properties of 70s\80s era with immersions wired in
1.5mm cable.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.