Kendall P. Bullen

In article ,
(DA) wrote:

It looks to me that if you cut the buyer's agent off the deal, you are NOT
going to get any price benefit. It looks to me that only the seller will
actually benefit from you not using an agent as a buyer.

Usually, not even. They pay the listing agent; the listing agent pays
the selling agent. Unless they worked something special out where they
pay a reduced commission if there's no selling agent...then the seller
saves nothing.

I hear that if you don't bring your own agent though you can try to work
something out and get a rebate from the listing agent, if he/she is
getting the full commission...we didn't know about that possibility and
didn't try it, so I don't know how often that pans out.

Cheers,
Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen
http://www.his.com/~kendall/

Never e-mail me copies of Usenet postings, please.
I do read the groups to which I post!