Martin Pentreath

Default Polishing scratches out of glass

John Rumm wrote in message

My Father In Law is a glass engraver, and is often asked if it is
possible to remove scratches, or change/erase the engraving on glass.
The usual answer is that while not 100% effective, you can significantly
diminish most scratches with a rubber wheel on the end of a dremmel type
tool.

Looks like the "bobbins" in
are just rubber wheels.

I wonder whether the white powder is cerium oxide. I'm planning to order a
kit once I've got enough other stuff on my shopping list to get the order up
to £45 for free delivery ;-) I'll report back on progress.