Norminn

Travis Jordan wrote:
Norminn wrote:

Our roof was originally concrete tile, and these are dark brown
shingles. Not a great color here, IMO. Between improper nailing,
high heat and almost vertical lie, the weight probably was too much
for our roof. Nailing 1/4" over the nailing line means you catch
only the top 1/4" of the top layer of the shingle.

Doesn't changing the mansard from tile to asphalt shingles 'cheapen' the
neighborhood?

It looks like crap, but that is just my taste. Bought in low, land
values are going nuts. Nobody here worried that the place will fall
down because somebody wants the land ) One guy bought two units,
after us. The first unit, purch. 2001 for 140K, sold 2004 for 315K.
Second unit, purch. 2003 for 180K, sold 11 months later for 286K. Is
that 281K profit? Haven't met anyone yet who would not throw their
mother in as part of the deal ) The current condo board pres. has a
daughter who is a realtor. Doing some fixing-up, has half a clue what
the building needs, but focus on cosmetic stuff. Flat sections of roof
need repair, but it doesn't show )