Norminn

tom wrote:
Norminn wrote: snip City has since required adhesive under tabs on
mansards. snip

I'm betting the instructions on each shingle bundle also has that
recommendation. Tom

My limited education about roofing began with our shingles falling off
constantly. Instructions at the time did not mention mansards. They
had the correct number of nails, but just not nailed on the line. I
would not choose the same shingle again, but that is just me. I didn't
know, until last year, that concrete tiles can blow off a roof. There
are still shingles lying in the street around these parts, and it is
hurricane season again )

The contractor has been in biz a long time, good reputation, and good
about coming back. PIA for him, too, I suspect. Hubby was building
manager at the time, and we have had very good relationships with
contractors. Few problems, and good responses.