Bruce L. Bergman

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:24:36 -0400, "John P Bengi" JBengi
(spamm)@(spamm) yahoo,com wrote:

Try a normal browser like OE and get rid of that piece of junk Agent.

Okay, I can see that you've made up your mind based on faulty
premises, and don't want to be confused with the real facts...

I have several copies of Microsloth Outleak Exploder, and two
legally licensed copies of full Outlook that came with Microsoft
Office. I've tried using them. They are both the biggest pieces of
non-intuitive crap software to ever be shipped out of Redmond WA, and
they've never really fixed it.

Agent may be "a piece of junk" in your misguided opinion, but at
least it is designed to do it's job and it does it well. And when
updates are needed, the programmers make them rapidly. And all the
default settings for Agent are correct out of the box, it won't do
anything stupid unless you change the options and tell it to.

As the "defacto" software that comes pre-installed on the computer
for the sheeple who can't be bothered to find anything better, MSOE is
a virus and trojan exploit magnet for all the skript kiddies out there
trying to hack into other peoples' systems. As an example, I offer
the "Preview Pane" that would cheerfully run any binary that appeared
there, including executable programs... You have to go manually make
sure that option is turned off before allowing the program anywhere
near the Net.

And MSOE helpfully self-destructs on a regular basis - if your news
server ever has problems where it loses it's spool hard drive and even
once reports "this newsgroup does not exist", Outlook Express
cheerfully deletes all your newsgroups and all the saved messages from
the local computer hard drive. If the news server says the group
does not exist anymore it /must/ be true, it can't be a momentarily
hosed server.

Go try a few other programs before you keep praising MSOE. You
might be surprised that there are other good coders out there.

And if you have nothing else constructive to offer on the subject in
response, I'll stop poking the troll here and gladly let you have the
last word. And you can wander off and check the stock ticker to see
how your Microsoft stock is doing.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545