jim rozen

In article , Bruce L. Bergman
says...

I am sorry but I think a 4 foot hole is overkill.

Why be sorry? Just put 'em in as deep as you feel
like, I'm sure it will work out OK.

And if it doesn't work out, he'll be chasing his barn and all the
contents through the countryside in the next really stiff windstorm.

Well hold on now. I think it sounds like he has his mind
flat-out made up on the issue. I've come to the conclusion
(after many experiences like this) that folks who have their
"mind made up" about the answer to a question they've posed
should be treated politely to the utmost.

I've seen over a half-dozen good comments from folks here
about how his two foot answer is higly suspect, at best.
Sometimes the *best* way to convince folks that their
plan of action is going to result in a screw-up is to listen
to their strong arguments in favor of it, and then do
NOT give any substantive refutation of approach. Do NOT
give them something to nit-pick at, and do NOT be a nay-sayer.

Just say, hmm, sounds like you've got the whole thing
planned out just the way you want it. Hope it works out
for the best. I'm sure it'll be a lovely barn.

Jim

please reply to: