PrecisionMachinisT

"Norma Desmond" wrote in message

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote
in message ...

"Modat22" wrote in message

what in the world makes you think oil is not

biodegradable?

Asphalt releases more oil into the environment than

chain saws ever
will.

The county road crews around here routinely spray water

based asphalt
emulsion onto the roads and then top coat with rock

chips...

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/1992/bacteria-0401.html

Interesting. Now I'm thinking of a new version of "Beano" .

IIRC, "Beano" is an enzyme.......

FWIW, home distillers ( moonshiners ) are reporting it being as effective as
malt in converting ( hydrolizing ) complex starches into simple sugars.

Potatoes or corn, some yeast and "Beano", and you got yourself some
mash....thinking this also works at a lower temperature than the amalyse (
sp ) too.

===

Back to the oil--always seems to dissappear within a year or so from my
gravel drive, and I find it hard to believe its all being washed away by the
rain...

In fact, many municipalitys are now requiring a "grassy swale area" in order
that any oily runoff from parking lots, subdivisions, and other such largely
paved-over areas be allowed time in order to bio-process before the water
leaches back into the soil in recharging the local aquifer.

--

SVL