Robert Allison

dean wrote:

Because every professional user I have ever seen is using 10W30 engine
oil. Now I'm not about to put that into my Stihls but I was just
wondering if I am wasting money on expensive bar oil?

Any comments?

Dean

Having owned a small logging company for about 2 years, and
having used numerous chain saws, I vote for the cheapest oil
that you can get. NOTHING can be more abrasive to the bar
than the chain itself. The oil serves to keep it cool and
lubricated. Any oil will do that.

We bought 5 gallon buckets of reconstituted oil and mixed it
with used (strained through a paint strainer) motor oil mixed
in to make it go further. We used about 20 gallons a week.

I still have an old Poulan Countervibe 3500 from those days
that is still going strong, and that was in the 70s.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.