John P Bengi

Try a normal browser like OE and get rid of that piece of junk Agent.

"Cliff" wrote in message ...
It's nice to know the CONTEXT or the question before
the response, for one thing.

More may be below .... go reread it all G.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:14:16 -0500, Scott Willing
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:20:28 GMT, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:

"Scott Willing" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:19:43 -0500, Scott Willing

Please people! Trim your posts. If you do so, you will not only save
bandwidth, but you will save readers lots of scrolling and they will be much
more likely to actually read your post. To trim, all you have to do is
highlight the area to be eliminated and hit your "Del" key.

I apologize, but first you must permit me to utter a good-natured
"Duh."

For everyone who says "trim" there will be at least one who says "trim
under pain of death." Yes, trimming is considered by many to be a sin
on usenet, especially by those who were here before the great unwashed
masses gained access... and also have control issues.

The argument is that posts get separated from their threads for a
multitude of reasons, and purists (which I'm decidedly not) insist
that the entire thread be kept intact, so when alien archeologists
studying the leftover bits of blown-out humanity don't have to work so
hard to figure out the context. As for me, well, I think a little
judicious trimming goes a long way towards readability.

In this case I did feel it especially important to retain the thread
as the trail was a little cold on this one... or so I thought.

BTW, the same purists (aka usenet nazis) will slap your willy for
top-posting too, and they really get their knickers in a knot about
it. We can only assume their mommies overdid the spanking a bit... and
that they really, *really* liked it.

Anyway, wrt to trimming, it's "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

BTW#2 - lest you think I'm unsympathetic to bandwidth issues, I'm on a
freaking "28.8k" dial that usually gives me 26.4k... a number I'd
never even heard of before moving here.

Now, in deference to your preference, and also for the dirty pleasure
of sticking it in the face of my favorite usenet nazi, I'll trim the
rest of your post. gasp! horrors!

-=s

--
Cliff