I believe that there is -- if you investigate the port to which
the tape drive is connected. (Doesn't that drive use a weird version of
the mini cassettes?)

Hi,

There may have been an RS232 (serial) tape recorder for the
crusader, but mine is definitely NOT a serial port. The signals
available on the 25 pin connector are data in/out, "tape in",
"tape write protect", "record button", "play button", etc. I
don't know what level the data line is at, and I don't know
what protocol is used. I would have to disassemble
the ROM....

Yeah, it uses strange microcassettes... Standard micros'
won't work, they're too small..

Rich