John Rumm

Default Polishing scratches out of glass

Martin Pentreath wrote:

At some point in the past someone has overenthusiatically sanded the
window frames of my house, and managed to put small scratches around
the edges of nearly all the windows. I'd like to polish the scratches
out, and I've done some research through the archives to discover that
jewellers' rouge is the stuff to get.

My Father In Law is a glass engraver, and is often asked if it is
possible to remove scratches, or change/erase the engraving on glass.
The usual answer is that while not 100% effective, you can significantly
diminish most scratches with a rubber wheel on the end of a dremmel type
tool.

--
Cheers,

John.