Grant Erwin

Ignoramus30369 wrote:

I think that I will get rid of my Clausing 100 series lathe, and will
look for something bigger.

Guys told me to get a real lathe, stop fiddling with that toy SB9. So I bought a
nice Cincinnati 15x30" Hydrashift, ran beautifully, real nice machine. I had
them both under power in my shop for about 3 years. I used the South Bend
whenever I could, because I'm used to it and I like it. When I did machining for
money (the few times I did) of course I used the big machine. Took up a lot of
floor space and it cost me big bucks. I recently sold it, and have never
regretted it. I still use my SB9 all the time. I think that will be one of the
last machines I sell when I get old or whatever. I'm *not* a pro machinist, just
a guy with a shop, though.

Grant