Grant Erwin

Will wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:15:29 -0700, Grant Erwin

... I wouldn't offer more than $250 for it, just to part it out. Unless I
knew its spindle bearings and spindle were OK and the backgears were all OK too,
then I might go $500.

Grant Erwin

Hi Grant,

Are you serious? $ 450? ( I won't even mention $800 ) I've thrown
away better looking lathes than this. Sorry, no disrespect to the OP
or owner.

Is it because it's an antique?

I guess I will have to look at non cnc prices more carefully and get
rid of some excess equipment. Think I've still got an old SB or Logan
around here somewhere.

I was serious, Will. There is a lot of demand for smaller manual machines,
particularly South Bends, Logans and Atlases. Even so, I didn't say $450, I said
$250, not to nit pick. No good at all for pro shop work, waaaay too slow. But a
buddy who's getting a model cannon ready for July 4th just came over and I
turned him a nice long round nut threaded down the bore 1-1/2" deep for the
height adjust mechanism. You just can not do that without a lathe. And I don't
want or need a big one.

GWE