James Waldby

Dave Hinz wrote:

What do you mean "stand my holes plumb"?

When you install the holes into the ground, make sure you don't
set 'em in crooked.

Good advice, of course, but stryped actually misquoted Pedro, who
wrote: "stand my poles plumb", (poles, not holes) ie, line the
poles up and make them vertical.

AIUI, about a dozen different people have told stryped to put
the poles 4' deep -- to handle wind load -- but he is still
talking about 2' deep -- "easier to put in the poles". It may
be that stryped is planning to lay each pole on the ground by
its hole and then lean over, pick it up by hand, and put it
in. Obviously he needs to be educated about a better way
to handle the poles. For example, line up the back of your
trailer with the hole; let about 3' of pole overhang; cinch the
pole to the trailer edge like a hinge; swing the pole up, maybe
using an A-frame on the trailer; uncinch the pole and let it
drop straight down.