In misc.consumers.house wrote:

wrote:
In misc.consumers.house
wrote:
I'm in Massachusetts, and I'm about to file homestead declaration using
the form I downloaded from my county register. My lawyer wants to
charge $65 ($35 for self-filing), and trying to save a few bucks. My
family lives in a typical single family with a mortgage.

- What's the difference between 'registered land' and 'recorded land'?
I'm supposed to file one or the other.

- Both my wife and my name are on the deed. Do we both need to sign
it, or just one of us?

Read these links.

http://www.lowelldeeds.com/home.htm

I've read it, but it still doesn't answer my 1st question.

From page one of the PDF that contains the form.

"3. Fill in the correct "Title Reference." For those who own recorded land
(most homeowners) that is the book and page number of the deed by which you
became the owner of the property. These numbers are usually pritnted on
your copy of your deed. You may also look them up on our website or find
them on your property tax bill. If you own "registered land" you should
write your certificate of title number on the "Other" space."