pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Gunner wrote back on Mon,
20 Jun 2005 10:07:14 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Contrary to popular belief, Morphine Sulfate doesn't keep you from _feeling_
pain but just keeps you from being _aware_ of it.

A patient on it will, although unconscious, still cry out from pain
although, upon regaining consciousness, not be aware of it.

From the patient's POV it's great stuff - unless you get too much of it.
[Withdrawl is no fun at all.]

Ok......so how does it work on conscious patients? Im allergic to
Demeral, so MS is my post surgery drug of choice and have been on it
many times. Its a most effective pain killer when Im awake.

I don't know, but it may be like the apocryphal tranquilizer which
didn't much make you calm, it made you dig being tense.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.