Bob Engelhardt

RAM^3 wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, Morphine Sulfate doesn't keep you from _feeling_
pain but just keeps you from being _aware_ of it.

A patient on it will, although unconscious, still cry out from pain
although, upon regaining consciousness, not be aware of it.

I'm in a bit of semantic confusion here. To me, "feeling" *is* "being
aware of". If I'm not aware of something, I'm not feeling it. Your
explanation does make sense if "remember" replaces "aware":

"... doesn't keep you from _feeling_ pain but just keeps you from
*remembering* it.

A patient on it will, although unconscious, still cry out from pain
although, upon regaining consciousness, not *remember* it."

Bob