stanley baer

F. George McDuffee wrote:
Anyone know if there is a VFD to do this? Not only do you get
the required voltage/phase change but variable speed as a bonus.

GmcD

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:34:47 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

André Cornut wrote:

I have access to a lot of metal working equipment that works on 550 ac volts
3 phase. My problem is that I that I only have 220 ac volts single phase in
my house. Is there a way to convert 220 volts ac 1 phase to 550 volts ac
3phase.

Two ways: use a single phase transformer to step 220 up to 550 and make a 550VAC
phase converter, or convert 220 1ph to 220 3ph and then use a three phase
transformer to step up to 550 3 phase. Be sure you size your transformer large
enough. - GWE

My plan is too step up the 240V to 575V with a single phase transformer
and then feeding it to a 575V VFD (derating it due to the single phase
input). I hope to use one transformer to feed all the machines, but
separate VFD will be required for each one.
I am in the process of buying the required stuff and will let the
newsgroup know how it goes. Tonight I have to finish pulling the wire
to the shop, I have the transformer ($160 Can for a 1750 VA) and am in
the process of buying a used VFD.

stan