Franc Zabkar

On 17 Jun 2005 21:47:01 -0700, put finger to keyboard
and composed:

There is something about that: you can't measure the output of an O2 or
Lambda sensor with a standard DVM.

I have also heard that you can damage one trying to measure it with a
DVM. I don't know if I buy this, except maybe if the loading during the
warmup stage screws it up. Far fetched I think.

No, it's true. Measuring its voltage with a standard high impedance
DMM is perfectly OK, but trying to measure its resistance will inject
a current into it. This current may damage the sensor.

- Franc Zabkar