Owen Lowe

In article . com,
wrote:

I read your posts just about all the time! Yes, sadly I did sell
my place. I do NOT miss the house at all; 150 yr. old farm house, no
insulation, no elec. on 2nd floor, etc. but I really miss my barn,
shop, garden, cats and chickens. My shop is temporarily set up in a
garage behind my one son's transmission business. It's ok but it's
not my barn!

Ruth, I can feel your sadness. But comeonnow, you know it just wasn't
fair having that stained glass, the window on the world, the company of
chickens and all that. Last January or so I moved from my drafty,
cobwebby, old sagging garage to a dedicated roomlet in our basement. It
may be small at 8'x11' and have no window on the backyard but it's
clean, warm and well lit. I may just have to look into a stained glass
door for my little turnery.

We live in a c.1920 home with no insulation and heat on the second floor
so I can certainly sympathize with you on some level - tho our winters
aren't anywhere near as cold as yours. What did you do for your
electricity needs?

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Safety Tip'o'th'week: Never grind aluminum and steel or iron on the same
machine or workstation - Thermite.
http://www.hanford.gov/lessons/sitell/ll01/2001-36.htm