RAM^3

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"RAM^3" wrote:

That "Fourth Degree" is actually "Third" according to my old texts.

Someone seems to be trying to reclassify burns so as to let some
slimeball
lawyer claim "Third Degree" for what is, at best, "Second".

Underlying tissue damage without charring would be Second.

Personally, I hope to never have to treat _another_ Third Degree burn:
while
it's been several decades since my days as a fireman/EMT, it hasn't been
long enough for me to forget the smell of burned human tissue or the
scream
of the patient when the wound is debrided.

Which begs the question: Medicos *KNOW* it's hideously painful. So why
don't they hit the poor ******* with something to either kill/block the
pain or flat out knock him into la-la land before beginning debridement?
It's not like the process happens in the field and there's no time/way
to do it - Debridement starts *AFTER* the victim is "safely" ensconced
in the trauma unit, at the very earliest. Or is it just that burn
treatment folks are a bunch of sadistic pricks?

Contrary to popular belief, Morphine Sulfate doesn't keep you from _feeling_
pain but just keeps you from being _aware_ of it.

A patient on it will, although unconscious, still cry out from pain
although, upon regaining consciousness, not be aware of it.

From the patient's POV it's great stuff - unless you get too much of it.
[Withdrawl is no fun at all.]