Michael Nickolas

My plan was to put #30 felt paper and nail the
shingles directly over that. I am told though that the shingles need
to breathe, and since I don't have spaces between the roof
boards, I should really install a product called "Cedar Breather"

General shingle guidelines can be view he

http://www.cedarbureau.org/techinfo/...lsshingles.htm

It basically says "Although not commonly used, a breather-type
underlayment, such as roofing felt, may be applied over either solid
or spaced sheathing. Check with your local building official for their
preference in your area. Please note that the only solid sheet
sheathing tested with shakes and shingles is plywood."

Michael Nickolas
www.studionineproductions.com