JazzMan

NSM wrote:

"jbclem" wrote in message

On the
other hand buying a cheap DMM might be a solution if I could find one that

used LEDs
and read millivolts. Is there such a thing?

No, they're all LCD these days and have been for years.

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...122&type=store

3.5 DIGIT LED PANEL METER, 200 MV

Maximum Input: 199.9mV DC

Supply Voltage: 5Vdc (Zener off battery should work)

Common Ground - Can monitor own voltage - very important for this
application.

Your Price: $15.00 each

What I'd like to see is a DPM with a fast pointer like
the Fluke '87-88 series of meters and high-impedence mV
readings to 0.001 resolution. Averaging would be nice, too.

JazzMan
Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Curse those darned bulk e-mailers!