Michael Nickolas

I'm doing cedar shakes (18" Number 1 red cedar) on my Mansard style
roof. Started last weekend. I'm following the guidelines as published
by the Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau in their Roof Construction
Manual available at www.cedarbureau.org.

The manual describes different installation techniques depending on if
you are using shakes or shingles. Shakes are described as being put on
using an "interleave" of felt paper, which is not recommended for
shingles.

Anyway, there is tons of information in the manual and on the website.
You could probably get all your questions answered over there!

Michael Nickolas
www.studionineproductions.com