tom

PrecisionMachinisT wrote: Your (sic) mistaken, I didn't "read" shakes,
and that should have beeen quite
clear to anyone except an utter moron of a troll.

I'll let that one slide...

I mentioned "shakes" because folks do quite often get
the two
confused....add that to the that FACT shingles are virtually NEVER used
as
roofing in my area and it seemed likely he was perhaps one of those
confused
folks.
True, the terms are often mistakenly
interchanged by laypersons .

Also, around here, "shingles" are indeed sometimes used as siding, but
they
are virtually ALWAYS applied onto a more or less solid underlayment
rather
than onto "slats"...while on older barns, homes and what-not having
shake
roofs, they are usually in fact typically found having been laid onto
1x 4
or 1x 6 slats.

Yeah, I roofed for 20 years...Does the OP live near you? I'm getting a
distinct East coast feel from "Dynamo". Let's ask him! Hey, Dynamo,
what are they, shingles or shakes?