Nate Perkins

Dave in Fairfax wrote in
:

Nate Perkins wrote:
Okay, okay. I give. What the heck is the deal with the pointy
sticks???

OK. Actually it's developed into a 2 part thingy. Riginally it was
because every drop-in would ask for free plans without taking the time
to search for them on their own. Showing that they were good enough to
ask but to good to look, whereas everybody else was their spear
carrier. That developed into a spoof of an in-duh-vidual asking for
free plans for pointy sticks. They can be made galootish with
drawknives, spokeshaves, and a dumbhead/shavehorse. Or you can force
them through a dowel plate. The Normite answer is to use dow makers, or
lathes to form your pointy sticks.

The second is in reference to people or weapons being dangerous, and the
jawbones of asses/politicians.

The bottom line was that people expect others to do the legwork that
they are to good to do for themselves.

Ah, finally, I get it. Thanks, Dave. Some of the references to pointy
stick making seemed accurate enough that I thought for some reason people
were actually making them. Doh.