pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Jon Bergstrom wrote back
on Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:52:41 -0400 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
arts, crafts, and much more.

Like many folk, I spent some time in a kitchen years ago as a cook. I
saw some nasty burns from grease, but I never saw third degree burns
from water. Just what temp does McCoffee boil at?

Boil the water, then keep the coffee at 210 degrees F. Pour hot water
onto tight fitting cloth which you can't remove quickly. How long does it
take to cool the amount of fluid from 210 degrees to 99 degrees, and how
much heat is transferred int he process?
What is the amount of heat the skin can absorb and transfer away
(include the amount transferred by the blood flow in the capillaries.)?
Is the amount in the answer from the first question greater or less
than the second answer?

If so, is the amount of heat transferred sufficient to cause first,
second or third degree burns?

tschus
pyotr

--