John Fields

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:01:25 -0800, (Floyd L.
Davidson) wrote:

John Fields wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:08:59 -0800,
(Floyd L.
Davidson) wrote:

Winfield Hill -edu wrote:
John Fields wrote...
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
John Fields wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

The idea that water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C, without
some mention of pressure, has little meaning. Water can "boil"
at 0C too.

Since, by your own admission, the boiling and freezing point
temperatures of water are pressure dependent, I invite you to state
what pressure would be required to be exerted on a volume of liquid
water in order to cause it to boil at 0°C.

The answer of course is: not much.

Hmmm...

Same as the answer to: "What does Floyd L. Davidson know about
anything?".

He appears to be confusing sublimation and evaporation with boiling.

*Look* at the statement:

Water can "boil" at 0C too.

It is *correct*, as you've all been very hasty to demonstrate.
It is not so precise as to say "at 0.010C", but certainly that
value is well within the normal meaning of "0C" (what, -.5 to
+.5 C!).

---
Whether it's "correct" or not is moot. What you were challenged to do
was to provide the _pressure_ required to make water boil at 0°C. You

The pressure is commonly known, was not the point, and your
question was out of place and trivially ignored.

Which is to say, who cares if you asked a dumb question?

---
No one, but _everyone_ seems to be getting on _your_ case about _your_
dumb answers.
---

And while sublimation might happen at that temperature too, as
might just simple evaporation, the fact that it doesn't break
into a full nucleate boiling state does *not* make what was
stated wrong either.

---
"Existing as a vapor" doesn't constitute boiling, dumbass.
---

Learn to read. Your life won't be so filled with angst
and bitterness.

---
_I_ know how to read, as evidenced by the number of times I've caught
you in errors or pointed out your stupidly conceived and poorly
executed attempts at evasionary tactics, ya dumb ****!

And, BTW, where's all this flaming I was supposed to beware of? So
far all I've heard from you is juvenile crap which isn't doing
anything except making _you_ look stupid.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer