Jeremy Collins

Default Noisy new float valve in loft

IMM wrote:
"Jeremy Collins" wrote in message

I've replaced the float valve in my loft header tank (the old
one was knackered and the tank was leaking from the overflow).

You may want to insert an in-line service valve in the pipe. Open the ball
valve fully and see if the overflow can take the flow. If the flow is too
high then reduce to suit. If a valve goes then you will have a rather wet
ceiling which may come down if it happens when you are out, as the overflow
can't cope,

I agree that service valves are a Good Thing (the plumbing in this
house had NONE grrrr), but in this case I think I'll leave it.

The overflow is quite fat & steep, and coped with a very knackered
float valve. Besides, looking at the mechanics of the thing, even
when the valve failed the pressure was still reduced quite a lot as
the float arm was floating and restricting the flow into the tank.

If that makes any sense.

--
jc

Remove the -not from email