Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Owen

That's the way I looked at it also, for that reason I use most often a
cheap normal drill, I got a few, (refurbished returned ones) and only
use my Milwaukee when needed, have used it for 3 or 4 years and so far
have opened it one time, to clean and lube, she's still working fine.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Owen Lowe wrote:

Right. I guess I wasn't as clear as I intended with my post about
Milwaukee's recommendations. The manufacturer is advising overhauls and
tuneups on a 6 to 12 month schedule. That seems pretty frequent to me
but then again I haven't read the instructions to any other drill in
quite some time so don't recall others' recommended schedules. My point
was that given Milwaukee's advice we shouldn't expect the angle drill to
be a low or no-maintenance tool - and shouldn't be particularly
surprised at 6-12 month bearing replacements.