Kevin

Default On finials and lids

I was turning a top for a box/bowl the other day and thought a bit of
decoration would be nice. I had a piece of hard maple which was turned to
somewhat decorative shape. It could be used as a top of the lid of the
box/bowl. I got to wondering if it just might be easier to make the lid
with the decorative little geegaw on top all of a single piece. I've seen
some where the turner made the box, made the lid, and then glued a little
finial on top. Come to think of it, I guess that way to do it is the way
that seems right at the time.