Bob G.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:46:35 GMT, "Bob Giel"
wrote:

All my search efforts on door skins have come up with replacing metal panels
on car doors.
Although I have books on making new doors from scratch (ouch!) I can't seem
to find anything on major repairs for old ones.
There is almost nothing on wood door skins for doors in the home.
So, I'm hoping you folks can help me out, big time.

I have an exterior entry door with severe water-induced delamination damage
(read that as a four year legal battle with the roofers and the tile
company!)

I also think you are going in the wrong direction....mostly because of
the time involved...and the cost of repairing your exsisting entry
door...vs just buying a new door and hanging it...

I restore cars as a hobby and to be honest rather then reskin a door
(which I have done more then a few times) I find that I can buy a
good, used door at swap meets for not much more then a door skin...

I see no reason that you could not find a "used" entry door for a home
either..

Bob G..