Owen Lowe

In article .com,
wrote:

Bjarte the Souix and the Milwaukee close quarter drill are identical.
One costs more than the other. The rear bearings in both have a
tendency to wear out from sanding dust. The back bearing is not packed
in grease as are the front bearings. You can forstall the wear out
replace problem by blowing out the rea bearng (and for the at matter
the front) periodically with compressed air.

Having just purchased the Milwaukee angle drill, I was reading the...
(wait for it Arch, wait for it, wait for it)
..
..
..
Instruction manual.

Therein is a blurb under "Maintenance" stating, "after six months to one
year, depending on use, return your tool to the nearest Milwaukee
service facility for the following:"

"* Lubrication
* Brush inspection and replacement
* Mechanical inspection and cleaning (gears, spindles, bearings,
housing, etc.)
* Electrical inspection (switch, cord, armature, etc.)
* Testing to assure proper mechanical and electrical operation"

How many have actually followed this recommendation? How many of the
bearing failures would have been averted had the owner followed the
manufacturer's maintenance guidelines?

--
Owen Lowe

___
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the Corporate States of America,
and to the Republicans for which it stands, one nation, under debt,
easily divisible, with libertyand justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05