On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:40:00 -0500, "lionslair at consolidated dot
net" "lionslair at consolidated dot net" wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:
I got a machine in today, a little one, couldn't pass it up. Major
cosmetic issue is it sat too near a concrete pour or something and got
spattered a long time ago, and, like most construction machinery, never
got cleaned off. It doesn't affect the function but I don't like it and
want to remove it. Stuff is tenacious! I want to remove the concrete but
leave the paint, decals etc. alone. Any ideas? I've only tried 409 and a
rag and the edge of a credit card so far.

GWE

Bleach ?
HCL ?

It will eat the lime out and maybe frag the stuck on stuff.
Maybe some on a paper towel and let it sit over night.

It might mess up the paint. Depending on the paint.

Might cover paint with oil or grease then it should be easier on it.

Martin

The time for the oil/grease was BEFORE the concrete was poured.