Robert Swinney

Stan sez:
" I plan to run the wire through a buried plastic conduit and have enough
wire to be able to have two of each of the power carrying conducters and
two ground conducters."

Assuming you are transmitting single-phase current at 220 volts:
The charts say a 2% voltage drop will occur with #8 wire over a length of
150 feet when carrying 14 amps. No. 6 wire is recommended for 2% voltage
drop at 200 feet.

Bob Swinney

"stanley baer" wrote in message
I have found several hundred feet of 8 AWG wire that I would like to use
to bring electricity to my shop that is 200' from my house. At the moment
I use a 3ph propane powered generator but it is expensive to run.

What will the current capacity be of this setup? (I realize it is probably
not up to code)

stan