Nate Weber

stanley baer wrote:
Thank-you for the detailed information Eric.

I plan to use 1-1/2' conduit and bury a phone line and water line, all
36" deep while I am at it. The writing on the wire is RW90 XLPE 1000V,
which is moisture resistant as far as I can tell from a quick web search.

Does the 2% voltage drop current of 17A mean that I should fuse the
sub-panel for 35A if I use 2 conductors? I was hopeing to get 50A. My
high current loads are the welders which I operate at low duty cycles.
since this is just a hobby shop there is never more than one big machine
working at once.

stan

Also, this wire insulation is not listed in any of the NEC tables for
use as general wiring. A quick google search shows this cable is used
for transmission/switchgear and some mining use.

Buy the correct cable for the job. Then you can size it for your
needs.

Nate

--
Http://www.Weber-Automation.net:8000