NSM

"James Nyman" wrote in message
news:i3Qre.6289$fa3.2335@trndny01...

I have had several coffee makers burn out due to the microtemp. Is this
because they put under-rated ones in order to sell more coffee makers?

No, it's because everything is crap now - even the expensive stuff.

I wonder if it would be safe to replace it with one with a little higher

temp.
rating? Any one have any experience with this problem? Also I am sure you
can't solder the new one in, but would a crimping type connector work?

Not the worst thing to do in an emergency but not a 'fix' for the problem.
As for solder, if the plate is hot enough to melt solder the coffee tastes
like road tar.